The cost of vasectomy with Vasectomy Australia is based on the
recommended Fee by the Australian Medical Association (AMA):
|Less Medicare Rebate||$233|
|Out of Pocket Cost||$362|
The total fee is payable on the day of your vasectomy procedure. In most cases we can arrange
to have your Medicare rebate credited to your account within 48 hours.
How It Works
The operation takes about 15 minutes and goes like this:
- A local anaesthetic is injected into the area using a fine needle, that feels no worse than a flu injection or dentist’s needle.
- A tiny hole is made in the scrotum.
- The vas deferens is divided and the testicular end of the tube is left open – This helps prevent congestion in the testis and therefore reduces the risk of pain or post vasectomy syndrome.
- A tiny layer of tissue is placed between the two ends of the vas to stop them re-joining.
- The same procedure is performed on the other side but through the same hole.
- The skin edge is clipped together without stitches.
- Dressing is applied